Saturday 28 July 2012

Dear Tesco,

I was in your Cardiff Tesco extra store last night, the one on Excelsior Road, and I have to say I was disgusted.

I was strolling along the beauty ailse, minding my own business when a massive drop of what I am hoping was just muddy water fell on my hand from the ceiling. I stood there in shock for a couple of seconds untill I noticed there were open tissue boxes on the ailse next to the make -up so I grabbed one and wiped my hand clean. Then I saw that the drops were starting to fall pretty consistently and were beginning to form a puddle on the floor. Thinking that I didn't want anyone to slip on the puddle, I started off to try and find a member of staff to inform

I came across a woman standing alone by the pharmacy counter and approached her. I informed her of what just happened and, without even blinking, she said "If you have a complaint to make you need to go to customer services." I then began to explain that I wasn't making a complaint but was merely expressing my concern over the growing puddle in the middle of an ailse, she stared and me and told me again to go to customer services because there they would be able to call a clean up team.

This is the complete opposite of customer service. Firstly, she didn't even attempt to make an apology for the fact that disgusting water had dripped on me but basically told me to go tell someone else about it, 'cause she couldn't care less. I don't see it as my responsibility, as a customer, to go out of my way to inform them of their own leaking ceiling.

A company that doesn't understand basic manners or  basic hygiene don't deserve my custom, and they will no longer be getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment