Friday 22 June 2012

Dear Cineworld,

To start off, I would like to say how much I love your establishment. You show a plethora of movies all the time, unlike VUE and Odeon who only show the stupidiest choice of movies, much to the annoyance of my brother. There was only that one time when I saw 'The Artist' and the cinema was freezing because of the heating problem that I was really miffed off but generally the cinema temperature is pretty spot on. I love your Unlimited card because it has saved me a lot of money and the staff are very helpful- except for that one time when one of them told me to go see 'Rango.' Pfft.

However, I have a complaint. I visit your cinema at least once a week, if not more, and thus I have heard the song 'Breaking Free' from 'High School Musical' approximatly a gazzillion times. It is a lovely idea to play music in to the screen before the trailers to ease the awkward silence that comes from a lot of strangers sitting around waiting for a film. I even understand your decision to choose that particular song, because it was a song from a very big movie. But it's not 2006 anymore, it's time to let it go.

To save you some time in finding a song replacement I have compiled a list of some other movie songs that could replace 'Breaking Free,' all of which are roughly a million times more awesome and 100% contain no Vanessa Hudgens.

  • 'Man or Muppet' from 'The Muppets'
  •  'At last I see the light' from 'Tangled'
  • 'Lose yourself' from '8 Mile'
  • 'You've got a friend in me' from 'Toy Story'
  • 'Jai Ho' from 'Slumdog Millionaire'
  • 'So Close' from 'Enchanted'
Okay, I recognise that 'Lose yourself' is even older than 'Breaking Free' but it is much more awesome and 'Man or a muppet' won a freakin' Oscar, for crying out loud.

So please, Cineworld, I urge you to change the song. It has gotten to the stage when I am FORCED to sing a long because I know all the words and this is not good for my social life or my sanity.

Yours,
Rachel

EDIT: Since publication I have recieved a tweet from @CineworldCardiff who have said:

"Thanks for that. The music file is the only available downloadable content compatible with our projectors and we can't just download any songs we want. However, I will recommend an update to the file..."

No comments:

Post a Comment